Saturday, September 22, 2012
Responsibility
Everyone needs it, but nobody wants it. That's right, I'm talking about responsibility. Thanks to the obvious fact that I'm just oozing responsibility, I now have a stress headache for something that I just volunteered for. I was dealing with crisis after crisis, placing people where I thought they should go, and dealing with upset people. None of these things were in my job description. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to be trusted. I guess it's how you look at things. I'm wanting to look at the bright side, but it hurts to look at the light, what with the headache. That's the part that's hard: dealing with the uncomfortable things that come with doing the right thing. Although my head hurts, I know that I made it a better experience for some people today and yesterday, and that's awesome. If I can make someone else's uncomfortable situation easier, then that's what I'm here for. I guess that's why it's so important to be nice to everyone you come in contact with. You never know what they're dealing with. Give them a smile. It may be the difference between life and death, hope and hopelessness, pain and coping. Yeah, that sounds a little extreme when you lay it out like that, but you can never know. See? Never. So, keep smiling. And, pray. Not just when all else fails, but when everything is going great, because there's Someone to thank for it. God bless and good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't you just love how I'm commenting on these TONIGHT? That's what I thought. haha.
ReplyDeleteYour comment about praying when things are great and not just when everything is going down at a pace we can't control made me think of a previous sermon I heard.
A few months ago we had a message on prayer. Yep.. just prayer. As if prayer isn't enough to talk about? That could certainly take up an hour.. even ten.
Pastor Daron was talking about how we shouldn't pray "parachute prayers"... you know the ones to rescue you.
We're to pray BEFORE we need to be rescued. That's the beauty of it all, we can pray any time. That is, if we take the time. We don't have to wait until we've messed something up, but we can pray before hand in hopes that we don't.
Jesus even did that. He prayed... days at a time. Just to be sure He didn't have to pray a "parachute prayer" later.
In the good times, the bad times, we're to pray without ceasing! (1 Thessalonians 5:17)