In light of all of the buzz going on about legislation regarding same sex marriage, I thought I'd clear things up.
Is this okay? That is, same sex marriage.
This question is incomplete. You can't really answer this question. First, figure out in what sense you're speaking of. There's really two options: 1) religiously speaking and 2) politically speaking.
Here's why I can't agree.
Religion.
I've said on my blogging excursions before that I am a Christian. I'm not ashamed of it, and that means that I will defend my morals with no apologies.
At this time in my life, I've yet to read any scripture to validate the act of homosexuality. For me, this is a sin, just like premarital sex or lying. If I don't condone or promote these things, then I can't promote or condone same sex marriage.
Here's why it's not up to me.
Government. Separation of church and state.
Now, contrary to what I said early, it is politically correct to allow people to marry freely. It is not a Senator or Governor's place to tell any other person who to marry.
With that said, it's between the political leaders and God whether they support same sex marriage, just like it's up to people who live a gay lifestyle to follow through with that lifestyle. I'm not judging anyone. I firmly believe that every single human on earth deserves the utmost respect and kindness.
Another thing: It's not like I'm saying that a person is (or is not) born gay. I think that some are, actually. But, some people are born alcoholics, kleptomaniacs, and etc. Not that I'm calling homosexual people diseased or criminals, cause that's silly. It's just that any one person can be born craving one sin, in particular.
My motivation for this post.
I was browsing through Twitter, and I noticed a post by the C.E.O of a very large coffee company. He was saying if you support traditional marriages, then they don't want you're business. What is the point of saying that you want respect and equality if you are going to attack me. That is just ridiculous. Onesidedness. I don't like that.
If you don't agree with someone's point of view, then that's okay. Don't pass judgement on me, because I believe in Christ. It's like people boycotting Chik-Fil-A, just because the C.E.O. believes in traditional marriage. He did not say that he hated the gay community. He didn't say he didn't want their business. He was just stating his opinions and beliefs.
Is that not what all of the gay community is doing with rainbow flags? What about protesting in Washington D.C.?
That is the same thing.
And, you don't see me mocking them, belittling them, or saying awful things about them.
No matter what you believe, give others respect. Don't belittle their beliefs, just because they don't match your own. God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment